Sunday, October 25, 2015

Autumn salad for lunch~ "Candice's Dandelion Greens and Curry Quinoa Salad, from the cookbook "Clean Green Eats" by Candice Kumai
I didn't have any corn, so roasted some edamame beans instead, and I used arugula from the garden in place of dandelion greens.



Recipe:
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup arugula (or dandelion greens)
1 shallot thinly sliced (I used a red onion)
1 cup grilled corn kernels (I used edamame)
2 Tb fresh mint leaves
6 oz firm tofu (I used smoked tofu from Soya Nova Tofu Shop - http://www.soyanova.com/ 

Whisk together tamari honey dressing:
2 T extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tb tamari, 1 tsp curry powder,  juice of 1 lime, 1 Tb honey

pour over the quinoa and toss and add the rest of the ingredients.

This will be delicious for lunches for the next couple of days!


No comments:

Post a Comment